Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 13, 2011

In two days I leave for a wonderful adventure--six months working in Hong Kong.  What an opportunity!  I have no idea what the next 26 weeks hold, but I'm excited and terrified, all at the same time.  The first big deal was packing...I've been planning for weeks.  For example, I'm quite tall and bigger than your average femme fatal, so I knew I'd have to pack all the skivvies, panty hose, clothing and shoes I'd need for my entire stay, 'cause there's no way I'd find my size...at least not without a great deal of effort, if at all.  In fact, the average woman in Hong Kong is equivalent to a size 4 in Canadian terms.  Even an average size woman in Canada can expect to look for size xxxxxxl in HK. 

The next first time experience will be flying 15.5 hours to the "fragrant harbour" (that's what Hong Kong means in English).  On the plus side, the company's springing for business class, but on the down side, I get antsy flying from Toronto to Vancouver, which is only about 5 hours...just.  I can't imagine what it will be like to fly three times that long, all in one stretch.  I'm planning for all sorts of diversions, but long is long.

I expect Hong Kong and Asia Pacific in general will offer many firsts for me and my husband (thank God he's coming with...otherwise, I may not be so cavalier about my Hong Kong Adventure).  Nevertheless, I appreciate it's the opportunity of a lifetime and one I plan to fully embrace.  Bring it.

1 comment:

  1. No picture says, 'Tammy the adventurer' better than that one! I look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete